Thursday, July 7, 2011

Big Boys DO Cry:)

And I mean that in the nicest, most sincere way ever. See, Juan is not an easy person to shop for. He is not a materialistic person at all and enjoys the simple things in life. For a person who loves clothes and decorating her house SO much, we have found a lovely balance amongst us. Father's day was coming up and I racked my brain. I have made him numerous photo albums. The kids have made him big posters of hand prints and their own special gifts. And they meant the world to him. But I wanted to do something else. Something that he could always have and would mean the world to him. And I didn't want to spend a lot of money. He isn't big on me splurging for him. See, great guy! Finally it hit me. Make him a slideshow of pictures with the song that reminds him of the kids. He loves the song by Creed, "Arms Wide Open". Great song. If you listen to the words, you will know why it is a great song to put with a slideshow of the kids. I started gathering pictures and got to work on the Mac. It took time, but so worth it. We also got him a new pair of swim shorts and a couple of work out shirts. And we took him to a baseball game. When he sat down to watch the movie, he was in tears. That means it was the perfect gift. Ever. And guess what I got for my birthday, the big 2-6? A new t.v. We decided to upgrade ours in the living room to something a little bigger and had the one in the living room mounted in our room. We love the results.

We have had an amazing summer and the kids have practically lived at the pool. They are so worn out by bedtime, they fall right to sleep and don't wake up until late morning. I love summertime!!!

And since this is all over the news I thought I would voice my opinion about the Casey Anthony case. I could probably write a book about how I feel. But instead I will just say it is completely ridiculous. Honestly, I can't believe it. It actually made me sick to my stomach when I heard she was found not guilty. She is so obviously guilty it makes you wonder who in the world these jurors were. So ridiculous. But I do know her Earthly punishment isn't what really matters in the end. (Even though I do not think this woman should ever be free and able to ever have more children) She will have to answer to God for what she did. And that might be a little more difficult than sitting in a Florida courtroom. I pray for her and the family. It is hard to pray for someone that is such a monster, but I know it is the right thing to do. And I will leave it at that.

John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


54489-204-95A92977FDDFF9463072DC330E576C65

No comments:

Post a Comment