Saturday, February 19, 2011

One Sick Mama, Sick Kiddos, and Valentine's Day


Well, the worst happened. We all (except Juan) caught the stomach bug. Sophia's was short lived, thankfully. By Monday she was reduced to a cough that the doctor said to keep a close eye on. Luckily it went away without any type of medicine. Monday morning I was feeling very nauseous and decided to put a bag in my car incase I got sick on the way to take the kids to school. I made it back home and was feeling a lot better so went on about my day...lots of washing since Sophia had been so sick. I went to pick Merci up at 2:00 and she was crying that her stomach was hurting really bad. I pulled into the shopping center to go in and get her gatorade. I decided she wasn't well enough to go in so I wanted to take her home to stay with Juan while I ran back to the store. I gave her the bag just incase. Thank the Lord I did, because within seconds she needed it. I pulled over very quickly and tried to not throw up myself. I cannot stand the thought, site, or smell of vomit. I just can't. Ugh. I get her home and fixed in her bed and ran back to the store. By the time I get home she had thrown up a lot more so I called the nurse hotline. She tells me to take her to the ER, which I thought was silly. I already had the medicine from Sophia's prior visit on Saturday and knew there wasn't much they could do. But I took her in anyways. They inform me there is a nine hour wait. There were two people in the waiting room waiting who insisted they were having a heart attack. I knew it would be so ridiculous to stay there for nine hours just to be sent home. So I took her home. We were home about five minutes and I started throwing up. A lot. I was miserable trying to take care of sick Merci and a spunky two year old. Juan and Andrew tried to keep their distance from us hoping they would avoid the virus. By 10:00 p.m. Andrew ran down the stairs throwing up. This was a nightmare. Juan looked like a chicken with his head cut off running around trying to tend to all of us. I gave him Merci and Andrew duty and I made a pallet in the downstairs bathroom. Juan went Tuesday morning to pick up the rest of Sophia's medicine. Luckily the doctor gave us extra knowing we would need it. We took some and that was the end of the throwing up. Juan went to work and we laid on the couch all day watching movies. It was an adventure. The kids were back to school on Wednesday. Thankfully it was a short virus.


I am so glad we were all better because Thursday we drove over to San Diego and met up with an old friend from Florida. Him and his wife became very good friends of ours and their daughters are absolutely precious. He was here for a short school so it was only him but we had a great time. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack on the ocean. It was beautiful. We played catch up and had a fun time. We headed back home and the kids finished up their Valentine's Day cards for their parties.

On Friday, the kids celebrated Valentine's Day and had a blast. I was combing Andrew's hair and he said, "mom, don't make me too hot, ok." He makes my heart smile, really. Merci had fun decorating her cards and spent extra time on her "favorites".

Juan was so excited about our gifts he gave them to us on Friday night. He got the kids books and play dough and some other things. He got me a two year package to a tanning/spa close to our house. It is awesome. I have been a lot since he got me the package. It is so relaxing!

Andrew had his first t-ball practice on Saturday. He did great! He is loving this sport, I don't know if he will ever go back to soccer. Merci starts soccer practice on March 1st and is super excited. I know she will do great.





I feel so blessed. And I have said this before and I will say it again, our God is truly amazing. The power of prayer amazes me and I feel incredibly blessed to serve Him. I look forward to growing each day in Christ. I am only human and recognize my faults and thankful I am forgiven for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment