Monday, February 7, 2011

Oy!

There are only a few things I can think of that are worse than seeing your baby sick. Especially a two year old little princess. And the fact that it came out of nowhere makes it a tad worse. Saturday we got up super early and took the kids fishing at Pond Park. It is a catch and release pond so we just took Merci and Andrew's poles and let Sophia be in charge of the net. You aren't allowed to use live bait so we took a loaf of bread and hot dog weiners. We were walking up and saw an older man with a lot of fishing gear ready to fish. He was ahead of us and already thrown out his pole. The pond isn't huge. It is way more long than wide. We stayed a good distance from him but what my kids did next made him look at us like we were the most evil people he had ever seen. What did we do you ask? We threw a piece of bread to a single duck. This caused about 50 ducks to come out of nowhere running across the water, over the man's fishing line. They were quacking and diving for bread and it seemed like there were a million of them. I couldn't imagine why the man would be so mad. It wasn't like you were trying to catch dinner. It was a catch and release. And arent' parks more for kids anyways? I looked at all of the signs and nothing ever said to not feed the ducks. Finally the kids stopped feeding the ducks and started fishing. After a whole 2 minutes they were discouraged they weren't catching a fish. So they ran around and threw more bread. Another man walked up with about seven fishing poles and he had his game face on. Really? It is a catch and RELEASE pond. He knew every fact about fish. And I mean EVERY fact. He even showed us pictures. Finally we decided to walk the kids to the very end of the park so they could finish off the bread. They had a blast and afterwards climbed some trees. The perfect day. Around 10 pm Sophia told me her tummy hurt. I didn't think much of it and she fell asleep without a problem. I took her to bed and after I got out of the shower I heard her crying. She had thrown up all over her bed. I changed her, put the sheets in the washer and took her to my bed. She threw up again. And again. And again. By 1:30am she had thrown up about twenty times and I knew she should go in. As I am getting her out of the carseat she does it again. I take her in and they give her a pill and within 30 minutes she is feeling much better. But as we all know the ER is a very slow place, meaning they are bad about getting you in and out. At least that's how this hospital is. We finally get home by 6am and we are exhausted. The other part of the virus soon set in and Sophia was miserable. She finally fell asleep at 3pm and slept until 6am. Now she is feeling much better but has a nasty cough. I am hoping for a few things...Sophia feels better, the sickness skips me and Juan, and the sickness skips Andrew and Merci.

No comments:

Post a Comment