Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Prayers

Life is short. Life is unpredictable.

I keep up with a family whose daughter is fighting brain cancer. I have followed the story for a while now. I have cried and rejoiced with the family. I have found myself on my knees begging God to heal this little girl. And things were going well. After a horrible round of treatments, she was considered in remission. And this family has kept their faith better than anything I have ever witnessed. And today, as the little girl went in for a routine scan, they were very confident they wouldn't find anything bothersome. But they were wrong. Another spot was found. I have never met this family and my heart hurt for them as if it were my own. I was in shock, as the little girl has come so far and has not shown any signs of a new tumor. The parents are begging for prayers. Praying to God for a miracle. They know He can heal her. I pray, and I ask you to join me. We serve an awesome God and He can heal her, if it is His will.

After I read the news of the little girl and said a prayer, I looked over and saw Sophia sleeping. She looks so peaceful. I cannot put into words the feeling that I had. For a split second I imagined her being the one who is sick. I couldn't fathom it. I had to quickly change my thoughts and pray some more. It could easily be her, Andrew, or Merci. Or me. Or Juan. Or anyone in our family. I cannot imagine the pain the family is going through. I cannot imagine the thoughts the little girl must have. All I can imagine is our Father. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. None of us, no matter who we are. Rich or poor. Beautiful or ugly. White or black. The only thing that is for certain is we are all children of God. We all have a chance to be saved.

Here is the link to her website. Please pray for her and her family. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate


Juan is now a Captain! I am so proud of him and very grateful for his hard work. He is very dedicated to the Marine Corps and they are very lucky to have him!


No comments:

Post a Comment