Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just Dance...

So, last week a note was sent home with Merci about dance tryouts. Each participant needed to have a one minute dance prepared and tryouts were yesterday. Every child who tried out would be placed in a class but depending on their skills would decide which class. Merci tried out! And did good! She was nervous but still I think the judges were impressed. Tomorrow she will find out if she is in the beginners class or advanced. Also, yesterday was Wacky Wednesday. Andrew was not feeling it. But I made him get all whacked out and he loved it. He wore shorts, a green shirt, two different socks, two different shoes, a WILD hairdo and freckles. Yep, I got out my liquid eyeliner and made dots all over his face. It was really whacky. Merci wore green sweats, a striped shirt, purple knee highs, two different shoes, and REALLY whacky hair. We got to school and Merci noticed it looked like only the kindergartners were dressed up. I took Andrew to class and by the time I got back to the car she refused to get out. We sat there for ten minutes until we saw an older kid with blue hair. I was worried the dress up day was only for the little ones, but luckily I was wrong. Merci got out and I died laughing as I watched her walk away, she did look REALLY whacky! I picked Andrew up and he ran my errands with me looking like a wild child. He really soaked in the attention. The dots on his face made it really funny. Today was pajama day for the kindergartners and he sported his Scooby Doo nighties. This morning when he took a shower and scrubbed his face, I was a little panic stricken when he got out. The dots were still there, not even faded. I looked at my eyeliner and it read, "Waterproof". Greeeeaaaatttttt. I decided I would get it off with eye makeup remover, that didn't fade them. So I slathered his face with vaseline and rubbed off with a wet wash cloth and it worked, whew! Sophia still has hers I made on her cheeks and she goes into panic mode if I try to take them off. I guess I will just wait for them to fade on their own. If they covered her face like Andrew's did, I would make sure I got them off.

Oh, last thing. Today I took Andrew and Sophia to the mall with me for some shopping. We were at Forever 21 checking out when I looked over and saw my dear Sophia pottying all over the floor. WHAT?! She is potty trained and rarely has accidents so I was surprised. I asked the clerk for paper towels and she handed me a roll of toilet paper. She walked over and said "oh did she spill her juice?" I looked at her and said, yeah kinda. I mean I am sure she was getting rid of what she had just drank, right? I had to try to find humor somewhere in cleaning my 2 year olds potty off of the floor while everyone waiting in line was staring at me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment