Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oops...

Well, I did it again. I sorta forgot about my blog. Let's play catch up!! Christmas was great. We spent it as just our family of five and it was such a relaxed day. I was one of those crazy shoppers who finishes up on Christmas Eve. I ordered all of the "big" stuff online so all I had to get was stocking stuffers. I waited in line for 45 minutes at Claire's so I could buy Sophia all the princessy goodness she needed. Was she worth it? Absolutely! I also grabbed Merci a few things there, too. She was pleased. Then I battled Toys R Us. Even crazier. But I survived. Then to the awful, dreaded Walmart. Target is and always will be my first choice but they closed earlier than Walmart so I did not have a choice. Man, I was regretting not doing this shopping earlier. But I managed. My total Christmas eve shopping was about four hours and it was a nice break from the kids. They went to bed after baking Santa his favorite chocolate chip cookies. The elves made footprints all over the house and even put together all of the toys. How nice of the elves;)

The kids woke up bright and early Christmas morning and were amazed. They tore open their gifts and were excited about the note Santa left. It told them how they should always remember the true meaning of Christmas and left them a book about Jesus. They were thrilled. I made a huge feast for lunch...fajitas, refried beans, spanish rice, pecan pies, divinity, and fruit salad. We stayed in our pajamas all day and watched movies. It was so nice.

The next day we met Merci's aunt and uncle in Banning. They got Merci for a few days and had a blast. Merci baked cakes, played with her cousins, and went to an airplane museum. We picked her up on her birthday. She wasn't ready to leave but we were ready to have her back! We got her a "real" cellphone for her birthday and she was ecstatic. She has texted the life out of it. We went over the rules for having it and so far, so good.

That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks. I am trying to update this thing more often, I just get so busy. The kids will be starting their sports soon; Merci in soccer and Andrew in t-ball. Sophia will also be starting a dance or gymnastics class as well. So to say I will be buys just might be an understatement. But it is my New Year's Resolution to keep up with this more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment