Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Silly California

So, the kids FINALLY went back to school today. Yes, finally. They have been out for about 25 days and that is just a long time. Really. It is. And not just for me, but them as well. There is only so much you can do with rainy, chilly weather. They needed to get back into school, back with their friends. This morning went ok. I had to drag Andrew out of bed and Merci got up pretty well. We were out of the house on time and didn't forget anything. I even remembered Merci's lunch money! We were waiting outside waiting for the gate to open and Andrew was shivering. He looked to the sky and said "I wish Jesus would open the heavens a little and let the warmth out." It was so cute. I love to see my kids talk about Jesus and know who He is. It is truly heart warming. That reminds me of something. When Andrew was three he had a little tickle in his chest. He started laughing uncontrollably and when I asked him what he was laughing at he told me Jesus was tickling him. We have always taught them that Jesus lives in their hearts if they ask Him to and he was convinced that "tickle" was Jesus.

I signed Sophia up for gymnastics class. She goes for a trial visit on Friday so I can see if is is worth the money. She seems excited even though she has no idea what it is. She misses her Andrew and Merci today. She can't wait to pick them up, and honestly, I can't either. I am sure once the fighting sets in tonight I will be ready for tomorrow morning! I am super excited about making dinner tonight, chicken fried chicken with homemade mashed potatoes. Yummy, yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment