Thursday, January 13, 2011

What A Vet Visit...

Who knew taking a dog to the vet could be so traumatic. And I am not talking about for the dog. Note 3253: Andrew does not do well in veterinarian settings. Period. When I scheduled our Brussels Griffon's vet visit I made it for when Andrew was out of school because I thought he would like to go. He has a heart for animals and would take in every stray if we let him. So I thought this would be a good experience for him. Boy was I ever wrong. I picked him up from school and we headed to the vet. He was already asking if Cody's shots would make him bleed. I explained to him the process and it was not a big deal at all. We check Cody in and I ask them to check if he has a chip. Since we adopted him, I wasn't sure. Andrew freaked out. And this was just the little scanner that Cody could have cared less about. We take Cody back and Andrew and Sophia are fighting over who gets to hold the leash and I am now regretting bringing them with me. Finally they come in and we decided they should take Cody to the back for his shots, for Andrew's sake. I always like them to do the shots in front of me so I know I am getting what I pay for. But I really don't think Andrew could have handled it. His little body was trembling. At this point Sophia is crying too and I cannot wait to get out of there. We leave and Andrew is okay. The funniest part about it is he has never acted like that even when he has to get shots. His little heart is so tender.

Today we took Cody to the groomer and now he looks like a handsome Brussels Griffon. Another exciting thing...our dear Sophia decided 4am would be the new 7. She was wide awake at 4 and ready for her day to start. If you know me, you know I am NOT a morning person. I have a hard time falling asleep at night so I am up really late, kinda like right now. So I need my sleep. She also thought it would be nice to wake Andrew and Merci up. So now we had three little rugrats up before the sun. But that's not the funniest part, Sophia did not take a nap all day and did not fall asleep until 9:30 tonight. Today has been long. She was extremely cranky and I hope she gets a good rest so we can do it all again tomorrow!

The kids new mattresses come in tomorrow and I am way more excited than I should be. I don't know why I love new things, decorating things, reorganizing things. Some people like alcohol, I like rearranging things. It makes me happy, makes my kids happy, and makes my house neat. I actually just bought my first staple gun and I can't wait to use it. First project is to reupholster a chair. So excited!!!

This weekend will be pretty uneventful, which is good. I plan on making a fabric run to Joanne's on Saturday and well, you guessed it, rearranging and organizing some things. Oh, one project is to get block letters that spell "Bruce", paint them and hang above Andrew's guinea pig's cage. How fun! Sunday is church and lunch with a good friend. I love lazy weekends.

I am now going to lay here and listen to my little angel snore. Sometimes the most annoying sounds are the most precious ones:)

No comments:

Post a Comment