Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ahhhhhh!







So, finding time to blog is near impossible these days. Chop is gone all of the time and has been in the field since last Wednesday. And a lot has been going on...



First, Andrew tested for his orange belt and made it!! We are so very proud of him. Let me tell you how the day went...



They had it all set up very nice. Andrew was a bit nervous once he saw how official it was. So, they call Andrew and two other little boys up. The instructor asks to see their steps. When they call Andrew up and tell him to go he first looks at me and gives me a thumbs up. He wanted me to give him a thumbs up back. I guess his way of feeling secure? I don't know, but everyone thought it was the cutest thing. So, he did his steps perfectly. Then it was time to recieve his belt. They wanted the kids to run around the back of the rest of the kids and go down the line of instructors to give high fives. So, a few kids went. Then they called Andrew. He just sat there. They were like "Andrew, come on Buddy". He got up. He just stood there. So they told this seven year old boy to let Andrew follow him. Well, that boy went and picked Andrew up to carry him. Everyone laughed. He put Andrew down and ran around the back and Andrew walked so slow. It was hilarious. He got his belt, finally. Everyone was off their seats laughing. Andrew didn't see what was so funny. Anyways, Chop missed it but we texted him and told him about it..






Merci has a dinousaur play on Thursday and her talent show Friday. Please keep her in your prayers. She is VERY nervous!! Chop painted her room pink a couple of weekends ago and I finally got in there to hang up her pictures. I decided to move her bed to the center where it looks better and gives her more room. She loved it until it came time to go to bed. For some reason she was very, very scared. After about an hour and some negotiating, she got on her floor. About four a.m she ended up in Andrew's bed and I put her back in hers.






Sophia is moving like a mad woman! She can crawl up the stairs faster than I can! She is into everything. I don't have much time to sit because I am constantly chasing her. She is so darn cute! She eats cheerios now and they are her new best friend:)






Yesterday was spent cleaning house. I literally cleaned from morning to night and finally got it all done. And I am not talking about light cleaning, I mean scrubbing windows, tubs, toilets...everything! It is done, I am tired. I pulled weeds a lot of today. That got very boring so I convinced myself to let them grow a bit longer so they will be easier to pull out? I don't know, it sounded good! I have had a lot of anxiety about flying with two kids and a dog. I am very nervous about Sophia. Once we are in the air there is no turning back and she does not like to be around people or in the car. I am praying she loves airplanes. Please pray for this as well. I joked to my mom I hope there is a doctor and a priest on the plane with us. I think we may need it!!






I will be turning 24 in a matter of weeks. I feel a lot older than that. Maybe because I became a mom to Merci at 18, married at 19, gave birth to Andrew at 19, and I am done having kids at the age of 23. I like where I am at in my life right now. Things are good:)






When Merci had her field trip, we took Andrew fishing in the mountains. It was a lot of fun, but didn't catch anything. However, something ate the worm off of Andrew's pole. He was a little mad about that.






Anyways, I know this blog has random thoughts thrown around but I have a bad headache and Sophia is screaming in her jumper. Just wanted to catch everyone up on our life. It has been hectic and a lot coming up:






Thursday:Merci's dino play



Friday: Merci's talent show, Jason and Kristin get here:)!!!



June 12: Merci's last day of school



June 20: My bday, Chop's unit family day



June 21: Father's Day



June 25: Merci heads to Hawaii and us to Texas...Soooo darn excited!!!






1 comment: