Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sick kids=No FUN




So, remember how I reported in the last post Merci was sick? Well, Andrew caught the bug. His temp. was 104 at its highest. He felt cruddy. Unlike Merci, he had NO energy. It was wierd seeing him that way. But like Merci, his lasted a day and he was as good as new. Well, Monday night my little monkey had a fever...103.2. Having sick kids is scary in itself but having a sick baby is VERY scary. So, I ended up taking her to the dr. because she kept pulling on her ear. Luckily it was not an ear infection and I guess she just had what the other two did. She was miserable. And today she is keeping her diaper full for me, if you know what I mean and she is teething big time. She is still not at her best, but the fever is gone which is a blessing.




Mother's day was wonderful. Merci and Chop made me breakfast(Andrew is impossible to wake up) and brought it to me in bed. Then they gave me my presents. I got an elephant and monkey candle holder and another candle holder that is really nice. I love them. And I got the sweetest cards. Then we went to church. The sermon was by far the best I have heard. Wow, it was very encouraging. I always knew being a mom was one of the most rewarding jobs, and the pastor shed light on the impact a mother has on her children. What a wonderful job God has given me. I pray I can raise my kids to have values and morals they will pass on to their children. After church we packed up and went to Lake Skinner. We only stayed for about an hour because it was so hot, but it was so nice to be with my family. Sophia LOVED the water. She splashed around and soaked up the sun. We had to take her out when we found a mouth full of sand. That kid will eat ANYTHING! Merci and Andrew had a blast.




Andrew had taekwondo yesterday and got another stripe on his belt! He was so excited! Hopefully he will get to test in a few weeks for his orange belt. And the teachers told all the kids yesterday about respect. So if the kids show respect for a whole week, they get three stars on their patches. It is amazing how well Andrew has been behaving!




Merci's school sent out flyers a few weeks ago about a talent show. Only the first 25 applicants get to be in it. I hurried and got hers in and crossed my fingers she would be picked. Well, SHE WAS!!!! She will be singing the National Anthem on June 5. I will video tape it. We are so excited!! I told her in the beginning to convince her to do it that if she got picked I would make her an awesome red, white, and blue costume. She hasn't stopped talking about that now...I guess I need to figure out how to sew and get busy. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!(Nana, Silva, Mom, Debbie)




I realize everyday how blessed I really am. I have three of the most wonderful kids I could ask for. I am going to give a little preview of some funny things they are doing at this stage in life:




Merci, 8


Everything is "Totally" cool, or SOOOOO awesome. Is that Cali talk or what??


She is in to boys...big time. She asks me for advice. I guess that is an advantage for having such a young, beautiful mom...haha. I tell her she isn't allowed to date until after college so not to waste her time right now


You would not believe the drama that goes on in second grade. WOW!




Andrew, 4


Andrew puts a B in front of his words...For example


I had a great time at the Bzoo


Or remember when we went to the Bmuesem


The other day he said I am so bexcited we got a blarm so I can sleep better.


I could go on and on...


And the other day he was on the phone with nana and he asked her what she was doing. She said me and poppy are outside making a flower bed. She went on to ask him if he had a flower bed. He said oh nana, I am a boy I have a cowboy bed...


That kid is a mess, not to mention he LOVES girls. We are going to have to watch out for him...or the girls are going to have to watch out for him.




Sophia, 9 months


Sophia is spoiled. She hates to be put down. But she is the cutest little(well, big) thing ever. She is in the 90th percentile for her weight and is in 12-18 month clothes. She is well fed! And she crawls everywhere, even up the stairs. It is scary at times.


When you put on music, she will dance. It is so cute


She loves Merci and Andrew. If they leave the room, she cries.


She loves animals




Our kids are such a blessing to us. All are unique and very special. They keep us on our toes, that's for sure.

1 comment: