Saturday, May 16, 2009

How Great is Our God...

So, it is Saturday night and I am sitting here in bed on the computer watching my beautiful princess sleep. Every so often I hear my other two laugh at a funny show they are watching together in Merci's room. I was just messing around on the computer and I came to a blog. To sum this blog up:
A baby girl was born three months early(June 08)
She weighed 1 pound, 1 ounce
She never got to come home from the hospital and she went Home to our Father a few days ago.

We have all read and heard sad stories such as this one. But this one touched my heart. I can't explain it but I felt the words and the strength of this family melt on my heart. These parents posted daily blogs, as hard as it was. And in EVERY single post they never failed to mention our Father, our Saving Grace. Nor did they once ever blame Him. Instead, they thanked Him for allowing them to meet and know this precious little girl.

I honestly with all of my heart belive that God led me to read this. I forget how blessed I am. I think we all do. I get so caught up in my every day life and I don't take time to reflect on what God has given me. I have a husband who works so hard at what he does. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my babies. And yes, I am human...I gripe about them sometimes. I need a break sometimes...But how blessed I am to be here with them! Sophia gave us a big scare when she was born, and look at her now. Our beautiful little princess. I thought a week in the NICU was torture, and this family never even got to bring their baby home. I feel overwhelmed at times when the house work falls behind and the laundry is not done. But I have a house...that is so much more than so many people in this world. Sophia screams when she is in the car or when she is put down on the floor to play. But I have my baby at home, something this family will never have.

I know this blog is random, but that's what blogging is for, right? I feel like I want to get on my hands and knees and thank God right now for what He has given me. I strive to be a better person in every aspect of my life. I am so blessed, we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment