Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Motherhood...Ahhhh:)

So, it has been a while since my last post. Three kids and a military husband keeps me very busy! Let's see what has been going on... I got a call Thursday from Merci's school telling me she had a 102.3 temp and I needed to pick her up ASAP. So I rushed down there and got her. Go figure it was at the exact time Sophia fell asleep...but what do you do?!? So I got there and could tell she didn't feel well. My mind went straight to the swine flu. I got her home and made her change and wash her hands and cover her mouth to talk. Yes, I am a bit OCD when it comes to germs. I gave her lots of juice and told her to lay down and rest. The next morning she got up and her throat was sore, she had a headace, and she was dizzy. So, I cancelled Andrew and Sophia's well check appts. and took Merci in. They swabbed her for strep and did a urine test to check for infection. Both negative. In the meantime, while we were waiting, I put Sophia on the scale. A whopping 24.3 pounds! My little chunky monkey:) The dr came in and said she thought it was just a virus and if it was swine flu it was a very mild case. By Saturday Merci was feeling a lot better. Sunday morning Chop's brother came to pick him and Andrew up to go fishing...at 7am. They left and me and the girls went to breakfast and to see Hannah Montana. Sophia was suprisingly good during the movie. Even slept the last 45 minutes. Then the guys got back and Chop said he has never seen Andrew so happy. Andrew was playing in the water and just being a boy. Chop made it a point to tell me that Andrew did not miss me a bit. But when I asked Andrew, he said of course he did:) The guys grilled for dinner and we just hung out. It was nice family time. Sophia has been pulling up on anything and everything. She is trying so hard to walk. It seems so early for that! Speaking of Sophia, she gave us the biggest scare Saturday. First, I had her in the bumbo on the kitchen floor as I was cleaning the kitchen. She was playing with the magnets on the fridge. I smelled poo so I went to change her. Layed her on the couch, changed her diaper and put on her new dress. Then I took her outside so she could see her daddy. I was kind of flipping her down, making her laugh when I saw something big in her mouth. It was a huge sticker. Not like a grass sticker but what Chop calls a hitch hiker sticker. It was huge. I pulled it out of her mouth. I had no clue she put it in there. When I think back and how I layed her down to change her, it could have gone right to her throat and when I was flipping her over... I hate to think about it, really. God was watching over her, for sure. Then later on that day I put her in the bumbo by the back door so she could watch her daddy grill while I was cleaning the kitchen...yes, I clean the kitchen a hundred times a day. And I think God just gives us intuitions because I had a huge urge to look over the counter and check on her. That silly girl and gotten out of her bumbo and was trying to pull up on the kitchen chair. And again, God was watching over her. She could have easily crawled outside. She keeps us on our toes.
It has been a good past few days. We are thinking about going to Disney Land this weekend...I'll keep you posted:)

No comments:

Post a Comment