Monday, April 27, 2009

Andrew is FOUR!

Andrew turned four today. When he woke up and I started to sing him happy bday he told me to stop "that I had already sang him that yesterday". It was cute. My friend and I took him to Island Burger for lunch. He had such a good time. Then he went to karate where he earned a black stripe on his belt! Go Andrew:) He was super excited. Then I made dinner, with his special request of Macaroni and cheese. He had a good day. He did not want to go to bed at all, but he finally fell asleep.

Just wanted to look back four years ago and recall how this day went:
I had already been on bedrest for over a week because Mr. Andrew tried to come into this world at only 34 weeks. My labor was stopped because it was way too early. So, April 27th, 2005 I started the day watching tv on the couch. My dr. told me I can get up to go to the bathroom and that was about it. That was pretty easy to follow! Anyways, Chop came home from school around 230ish and I told him I wasn't feeling well. I had tons of pressure in my belly. So, I called the dr and she said to come in. So about 330ish Chop took me in to the dr. She told me I didn't look like I felt well and she checked me. She said my water was about to break and she was going to send me over to the hospital(it was right next door) She had guessed my water would break on the way over, it didn't. Anyways, I called my mom and headed over. We registered and got in my room. I watched my epidural movie, signed the papers declaring I wanted the drugs!! My brother and sister-in-law came to visit. The dr eventually broke my water around 830ish. She told me it would be the next day before I had him. So we watched American Idol, the contractions got really intense. Next thing I know, the nurse is telling me to push and calling for the dr. I kept telling them to wait because I hadn't had my epidural yet. They informed me there was no turning back and I had to push. So, I did. And at 11:25 pm my precious baby boy came into this world. He was absolutely perfect. And when I say perfect, I mean perfect. He was wide awake and stared at his daddy for several minutes. After a couple of days in the hospital, they let us go home. And now four years later he still melts my heart just like the day he was born.
There is such a special bond between a mother and son. Andrew is my angel and I love him more than I could ever put into words.

Just wanted to share that memory. Here is to another wonderful year with my beautiful family:)

1 comment: