Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another day...

So, yesterday was very productive! We all got in the yard and pulled weeds. My dad sprayed the yard and fertilized. Our backyard is nothing but dead grass and weeds, so he had his work cut out for him. But for some odd reason he loves this stuff. Today we got a rose bush and red mulch and the front yard is looking good! Finally! The previous owners either neglected the yard all together or it was vacant for a while, because it was in BAD shape. And our Home Owners Association had some nerve sending me a letter right when we moved in giving us 14 days to have our front yard looking "green". And Chop was in North Carolina, so I was like, okay, I guess time for new grass...and new grass we got! Anyways, enough about yard work...
My dad goes home Friday which I am not looking forward to. He is such great company and is a neat freak, so when he is here my house stays spotless. My dearest hubby gets home Sunday and that is so exciting:) And his dad gets here Wednesday for Andrew's bday party, so we are really looking forward to that. Andrew's newest saying is that he is such a jerk. I have no clue where this kid gets these things. It is hard not to laugh, but don't want to encourage it. Sophia is getting around so well. She just takes off crawling. And as soon as she finds something to pull up on, she does. Bad thing is that she hasn't figured out that if she lets go, she will fall. I am thinking after a few tumbles, she will learn! We are in the process of putting up the baby gate. I didn't have stairs when Andrew was a baby, so this whole tumbling down the stairs is new to me. I know that is totally dangerous, so the gate is a must. Sophia is so quick! Merci is dreading going back to school next week. She loves being home, lounging around. California schools are so much different from Texas. They get almost a month for Christmas and two weeks for Spring Break. But they go until June 13ish and start the second week in August. So I guess it balances out. I don't know, just seems like they get a lot of time off. And they are always getting half-days. Not sure, but Merci loves it. I tell her to enjoy school because she has much more to go! If I would have liked school, it would have been so much easier. She will learn:)
Anyways, overall the last couple of days have been good. Just wishing the time would slow down so I can have more time with my dad and speed up so I can see my hubby. Just can't have it all, can I?? Looking forward to the next couple of months and coming to Texas to visit:) Miss and love everyone of you!

Last thing...In my first post I put that Chop deploys September 13. It is actually September 19th...

No comments:

Post a Comment