Monday, November 15, 2010

Crafting

So, I got a sewing machine for my birthday several months ago and love it. I had never used one and now I am really getting the hang of it. I love, love, love looking up different things to make for the kids and stay up late trying to master it. I went to Joann's and got some really cute fabric. However, I am still nervous to use the "good" stuff so I have just been playing around with little scraps and such. I have tried to add ruffles to Sophia's jeans and I get them on but I am not happy with how they look. It will take time but I am so excited that I have found something I love doing. And I do love it, a lot. It makes me want to have about then more kids just so I can keep making the cute baby stuff...I am so kidding. I will make it for other kids:)

We are so close to Texas time it isn't even funny!!!! I have most clothes for the kids picked out and just need to throw in a suitcase. I need to pack me and the hubby and get stuff for the actual car ride together. It sounds like a lot but I am a pro at this.

I got an email from Merci's soccer coach that she was one of the girls he nominated for all stars. Yay!! I think I am way more excited than she is. She is incredibly nervous about trying out. She goes Wednesday evening and they will do have an hour of soccer skills and an hour long scrimmage. I think she is most nervous about that part. If she makes it they will play a tournament in January! I am so excited for her!!! And so proud!!!!

Andrew is doing great, just being Andrew. He has convinced himself he is already a professional t-ball player and is going to make it big one day. We shall see...

Sophia is doing great, too. She is doing great on the toilet training process and loves to spend her days swinging. She also loves to watch Elmo sing the ABC's. She is at such a cute age, but the temper tantrums have made their way through our door and we are trying to calmly deal with them. When she is throwing herself on the floor after I told her no to a piece of candy at 6:30am, I tell myself this too shall pass. And it does for a moment. She is such a joy.

My kids rock, hands down. Each one brings such a sense of wonderfulness to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment