Friday, November 12, 2010

So, the past few days have gone over pretty smoothly. Actually, not so much. It started on Tuesday when I went in for what I thought was a simple dental cleaning. I am terrible about going to the dentist because I am petrified. Like, I would much rather drill a hole in each toe than go to the dentist. Ok, maybe not to that extreme, but I am scared. So instead of going to my six month cleanings, I whiten my teeth with white strips. This makes me feel better because white teeth mean healthy teeth, right? Wrong! So I get to the dentist and they let me know they need to do a deep cleaning that requires my mouth to be numbed. Eeeek. They start off with just putting a gel on top that is supposed to do the trick without the needle. Did not work. I endured the pain. I was sweating, heart racing, kicking my feet around. So she decided the shot was necessary for the bottom. She numbed me good, so good I could not swallow and was convinced my throat was closing in. I panicked. Big, big time. Finally, I was able to swallow, I was sweating so bad, tears streaming down my face. Was I seriously acting this way? After two long hours I was done. I could not talk because my mouth was so numb but they kept asking me questions. I was convinced they were doing that so they could get a laugh. I got home and Juan was able to get in a few "roll on the floors laughing" moments. Glad I could make someone's day! That night I went for a manicure and pedicure to get ready for the Marine Corps Ball on Wednesday...

On Wednesday I had a hair appointment at 1:00. We were leaving at 4:30 for the ball. Juan's brother was going to babysit. I had my dress. Everything was going so smoothly. I had convinced myself I would have a great time even though dressing up is NOT my thing. I was at my hair appointment until about 4:15 and my phone had died so I rushed home so I could do my makeup. I run in, up the stairs, and tear open my makeup. I am slopping it on when Juan walks in and says "babe, we have a problem". Great, what now?! He went on to tell me that he was ironing his pants when he noticed the iron left something black on them. Simple solution, wash them. So he did. When he took them out he could tell something was not right. They had shrunk, a lot. There are certain rules to where the bottom of your pants have to fall over your shoes. His were way off. But we didn't give up. We pulled them down and safety pinned them to his undies. Perfect solution. Not really. He was sagging so bad. His jacket did not cover it. He told me there was no way we could go. Really?!? I looked semi good with my hair curled and tons of makeup on. Ugh. His brother got there and he got a good laugh at his brother washing 100% wool pants. Juan and I decided to go to dinner since I was dressed up and we had a sitter. We went to Yardhouse and had a great time. I think everything happens for a reason so we just decided to laugh at the situation.

The kids had yesterday and today off from school. Yesterday me and Merci went through clothes and junk to take to Goodwill. I had an appointment at 2:30 and Andrew had speech at 4:00. We rushed him to soccer practice at 4:30, I left there at 5:30 to get Sophia her flu shot, and Juan took the Merci to her practice. When I got to the doctor's office there was a boy screaming "I don't want a shot, I don't want to die". He screamed over and over. It reminded me of my dentist appointment. Sophia walked in and sat down. I pulled her pants down, they poked her and she said "wahhhh". It was so fake. I asked her if she wanted a sticker and she got up and that was it. I am so lucky when it comes to my kids getting shots. They have always been awesome. Today I am taking her into the doctor because I suspect she has a UTI. I hope not but taking her in just incase. Tomorrow are the kids last soccer games. Bittersweet. We are leaving for Texas in less than a week and I am ecstatic!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment