Monday, November 1, 2010

November, Really?







Wow, I seriously cannot believe it is November. This time last year Juan was deployed and I was not excited about spending Thanksgiving in California away from my Texas family. I remember taking the kids to pick out a toy that morning and they were so excited. I was glad to be able to sway their minds away from being away from their daddy and Texas family. But inside my heart was breaking. I remember talking to my mom that day and family was there, when we hung up all I could do was cry. It was the first holiday I had ever spent away from family. Of course the kids kept my spirits up but it was still different. BUT this year we are getting ready for our road trip to Texas and I am super excited. We are taking the kids out of school for an extra week and we are going to have a blast!!






The kids had a great weekend. They were so excited to wear their costumes to school on Friday. Merci was a candy corn witch, Andrew was Buzz, and Sophia was a pirate. I went to Andrew's Halloween party Friday morning but after 10 minutes ended up in the car with Sophia. She was terrified of the teachers dressed up as crayons. She. Freaked. Out. Like she was shaking. I felt sorry for her because she was so scared and sorry for Andrew because I couldn't stay with him. But he still had a blast. Friday evening Merci went to her friends Halloween party and stayed the night. We signed Andrew up for t-ball. He was beyond excited. He was sure to tell the ladies his dad knows everything about baseball. So cute. I will miss watching him play soccer but so excited that he is wanting to try new things. Merci is doing soccer again, she really likes it.







Saturday morning Andrew had a game at 9. However, it was raining pretty hard at 7:30 and still at 8:30 but the game was not cancelled. When we got to the fields it had let up a lot but there was hardly anyone there. Four of our players showed up and we combined some boys from other teams so they got to play and did great. Andrew made two goals and loved getting dirty.







By the time Merci's game came along at 1:15, it was perfect weather. They played a team they beat before and the girls were certain they would beat them again. Nope. The team got revenge and won 3-0. Ouch. The girls were upset and surprised. But that isn't the worst part of the game. Sophia was running to the field and when I picked her up she screamed. Not just a regular mad scream. But a horrific, painful scream. Why? Because a bee stung her ear. It was terrible. Parents came running to her while I held her. They got the stinger out and we put ice on it. As soon as a mom offered her M&M's she was so over it. Her ear swelled up pretty big and was bright red. She is fine now, thank goodness.







Yesterday we went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. Andrew and Merci were pros but it took Sophia a while to warm up. But once she did, she was on fire. They had a blast and good memories were made. So glad Juan is home so we can share the memories together. I can't imagine what he felt last year going through all of the holidays without us. Pray for all of our troops sacrificing for our country. What wonderful men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment